At Hippings Methodist Primary School the welfare and well-being of our pupils is paramount. This policy on the use of mobile phones in school and whilst with children has been drawn up in the best interests of pupil safety and staff professionalism.
v Child Protection policy
v Pastoral Care policy
v Staff Code of Conduct
v Educational Visits
v Use of Images policy
Use of mobile phones
- Pupils are not permitted to have mobile phones at school or on trips
- If in the rare event of a parent wishing for his/her child to bring a mobile phone to school to contact the parent after school:
- the parent must put their request in writing to the Headteacher
- the phone must be handed in , switched off, to the secretary’s office first thing in the morning and collected from the office by the child at home time( the phone is left at the owner’s own risk).
- Mobile phones brought to school without permission will be confiscated and must be collected by the parent.
Parents & other visitors:
- We request that parents do not use mobile phones in the school building.(Permission may be granted for special events eg, School Productions)
- Mobile phones may be used to take photographs in the school grounds of your own children only. ( In the interest of safety please do not take photographs of other children without permission from the Headteacher)
- In the event of an unplanned school closure (ie. snow closure or a heating failure) the school text system will be used to send each family a text message informing them of the change of circumstances. It is therefore imperative that parents supply school with at least one up-to-date mobile number.
We very much appreciate our parents’ support in implementing this policy in order to keep your children/ our pupils safe.